Saturday 7 April 2012

Galway middle name

The National Archives has published its new 'Discovery' Catalogue. I searched 'McIlhagga' and got a few familiar things. I then searched 'McIlhagger' and got one new reference, to Samuel Galway McIlhagger from the Records of The Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies from the year 1886 - Ref: BT 351/1/672. The 'subjects' covered included 'Merchant seamen, Medals, Operations, battles and campaigns, Conflict'. Unfortunately when I tried to get more detail I encountered an 'internal error'. Apparently Samuel Galway is in a Registry of Shipping and Seamen: Index of First World War Mercantile Marine Medals and the British War Medal. I have to confess that I have not come across this person before, so any information on him would be most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment