Monday 27 August 2012

Alberta Obituary

On 23 January 2010 I wrote about 'Three Military Men', the first of whom was Robert, known as "Ross" McIlhagga born about 1933, who died 3 October 2001 in British Columbia, Canada. I had to admit that I did not know to which Clan family tree he belonged. Then in June last year I reported the death of John Owns ("Jack") McIlhagga, the eldest son of Joseph McKee McIlhagga and Catherine Ross, and I mentioned (from information in the obituary) that he had been predeceased by his two brother Ross and Alan. At the time I did not make the connection to my earlier blog, but must do so now, for I have received a further obituary notice from May this year of the widow of Ross McIlhagga. She (and they) must surely fit our family trees at this point. The obituary notice was from the Vermilion Standard, Alberta newspaper, printed on Wednesday May 16, which reads as follows:

Marnie McIlhagga (nee Antos) of Vegreville passed away at the age of 80 years. Marnie is survived by three daughters, Lynda (Larry) Baddock, Susan (Randy) Cannon and Sharon McIlhagga; eleven grandchildren, two great grandchildren, one brother Ted (Irene) Walden, and one sister Eleanor James. She was predeceased by her husband Ross.

No comments:

Post a Comment